First programmed in BASIC+ in 1975 on a DEC PDP-11 RSTS via 110 bps acoustic modem; since then, FORTRAN IV, Pascal, and PL/I on System 360, HP15C (implemented LIFE in 512 bytes RAM), (briefly) BASIC on a Tandy Pocket Computer, BASIC and (very little) assembler on Tandy Color Computer (64k to 512k), Basic, QBASIC/Quick BASIC, Modula-2 and C and (very little) assembler on DOS 8088/80286/80386/486SX. Now working on re-learning C after 20+ years, while simultaneously learning Python -- so far, so good.
Member for 3 years, 2 months
3 profile views
Last seen Nov 21 at 11:58
Top Network Posts
- 96 Why don't jetliners maneuver to avoid a bird strike if spotted in time?
- 67 What do I do when problem player does not attend Session 0?
- 63 Can I randomly determine the outcome of an event with 5 outcomes with a d6?
- 60 If I'm writing in US English, am I not allowed to use the metric system?
- 53 Is adding a parallel word that only intersects the end letter of an existing word allowed in Scrabble?
- 48 Man wakes up too soon and scene isn't set
- 46 One of my friends/players committed suicide. How do I continue the game from here?
- View more network posts →