First programmed in BASIC+ in 1975 on a DEC PDP-11 RSTS via 110 bps acoustic modem; since then, FORTRAN IV, Pascal, and PL/I on System 360, HP15C (implemented LIFE in 512 bytes RAM), (briefly) BASIC on a Tandy Pocket Computer, BASIC and (very little) assembler on Tandy Color Computer (64k to 512k), Basic, QBASIC/Quick BASIC, Modula-2 and C and (very little) assembler on DOS 8088/80286/80386/486SX. Now working on re-learning C after 20+ years, while simultaneously learning Python -- so far, so good.
Member for 3 years, 7 months
3 profile views
Last seen Nov 21 '18 at 11:58
Top network posts
- 98 Why don't jetliners maneuver to avoid a bird strike if spotted in time?
- 68 What do I do when problem player does not attend Session 0?
- 63 Can I randomly determine the outcome of an event with 5 outcomes with a d6?
- 60 If I'm writing in US English, am I not allowed to use the metric system?
- 58 How might a landlocked lake become a complete ecosystem?
- 58 One of my friends/players committed suicide. How do I continue the game from here?
- 54 Is adding a parallel word that only intersects the end letter of an existing word allowed in Scrabble?
- View more network posts →