First programmed in BASIC+ in 1975 on a DEC PDP-11 RSTS via 110 bps acoustic modem; since then, FORTRAN IV, Pascal, and PL/I on System 360, HP15C (implemented LIFE in 512 bytes RAM), (briefly) BASIC on a Tandy Pocket Computer, BASIC and (very little) assembler on Tandy Color Computer (64k to 512k), Basic, QBASIC/Quick BASIC, Modula-2 and C and (very little) assembler on DOS 8088/80286/80386/486SX. Now working on re-learning C after 20+ years, while simultaneously learning Python -- so far, so good.
Member for 4 years
3 profile views
Last seen Nov 21 '18 at 11:58
- Role-playing Games 11.5k 11.5k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 10.8k 10.8k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges5959 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 10.6k 10.6k 1818 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 8.1k 8.1k 99 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Aviation 5.1k 5.1k 99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 98 Why don't jetliners maneuver to avoid a bird strike if spotted in time?
- 71 What do I do when problem player does not attend Session 0?
- 66 Are there examples of rowers who also fought?
- 64 How many years before enough atoms of your body are replaced to survive the sudden disappearance of the original body’s atoms?
- 63 Can I randomly determine the outcome of an event with 5 outcomes with a d6?
- 60 If I'm writing in US English, am I not allowed to use the metric system?
- 59 One of my friends/players committed suicide. How do I continue the game from here?
- View more network posts →