Martin started writing programs in GW Basic on a Tandy 1000 TL/2 in 8th grade, but did not really learn anything about software design until after highschool when working in LP-C on the LP-Mud Nightmare. He spent too many years writing software just for fun on the side while working retail to pay the bills.
Martin picked up professional experience working as a private contractor for Nocturnal Entertainment Australia on the Game Boy Advance title Ultimate Arcade Games. With a shiped title under his belt he attempted to move into a full time position in the industry but ultimately fell short. Disappointed, Martin decided to return to school to flesh out his skill set. In the process he discovered he enjoyed the problem solving and design of complex systems more than the game development. He graduated at(or nearly so) the top of his class at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee with a degree in Computer Engineering.
Today he works on the Enterprise Management Technologies team at Quad/Graphics.
West Allis, WI
Member for 6 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 1 '15 at 21:51
- Stack Overflow 3.9k 3.9k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 666 666 55 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 663 663 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Academia 401 401 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Code Review 346 346 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 190 How can I get the application's path in a .NET console application?
- 65 How do devices like the Game Boy Advance achieve their frame rate?
- 19 Why did Ichigo use his final move?
- 19 What kind of materials can survive for millennia?
- 17 Is uncle really limited to siblings of parents or their husbands?
- 16 How to get custom annotation attributes for a controller action in ASP.NET MVC 4?
- 16 Should I check if something exists in the db and fail fast or wait for db exception
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Apr 1 '15