Given that one answer should contain one solution (with similar variants)1, how should we handle answers containing multiple solutions?
- Are we supposed to split them up, and how can we then give credit to the original poster of the answer?
- Should we repeat each of the solutions in multiple answers? Possibly causing very similar answers2
- Should we downvote and comment on the multiple solution answer?
- Should we just leave them, although these answers being bad examples, hoping that the community will stop posting multiple solutions in one answer?
- (Please leave multiple solutions like: If A doesn't work, then try B, out of this discussion3)
Some example displaying this behaviour:
- How to turn off the lights without getting out of bed?
- How can I keep my desktop computer's cables neat?
- And top question from frequent question list: How can I stop my fingers getting sticky when eating?
Other examples are easily found, but the questions remain: How should we handle answers containing multiple solutions?
1 See Should answers contain multiple solutions? for a recent discussion of this topic
2 See How should similar answers be handled?
3 Order of solutions to try should become obvious when sorting answers by voting, I think...